Clara Barton

Clara Barton

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Emancipation Proclamation January 1, 1863

This is astounding, simply astounding, and wonderful all the same. It gives me, and I'm sure many others, great joy and hope to hear that Lincoln has freed the slaves of the states. When I heard the news of Lincoln's plans, I began to pray. Now I may work alongside, and receive help from, individuals that beforehand were not deemed as humans (Not that the people will be any more respected, but it is a step.). This proclamation is proof of "further manifestation that God [is] working through Lincoln to effect a 'vast' and 'mighty' change in [our] war-rent country."

A Woman of Valor: Clara Barton, written by Stephen B. Oates

Clara Barton: In the Service of Humanity, written by David Henry Burton

1 comment:

  1. May your work be blessed by newly gained peers! God always works to free the oppressed it seems.

    ReplyDelete