Clara Barton

Clara Barton

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Fight at Chancellorsville

Sadly, I was not in Virginia with the troops at the time of the battle. I heard the news through messenger, for I was on my way to Washington. It is horrible to hear of the defeat, but even worse to hear of the deaths of many more. To think that so many will not return home simply reminds me why I help and why I follow the Union. Too bad for Gen. Jackson though; to be shot by one's own, what a shame.

http://www25.uua.org/uuhs/duub/articles/clarabarton.html

The Great American History Fact Finder, written by Pam Cornelison, Ted Yanak

1 comment:

  1. The numbers are upsetting, yes, but thankfully we have great aid from ladies like yourself. Your services are greatly appreciated by the men I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete